Skip repetitive navigational links

Re: new member

Susie Rood <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 3 Jan 2001 16:01:24 -0500

text/plain

Hi Courtlann,
And Welcome!
I am very fortunate to have a fabulous research librarian, at the library,
who does an introduction for all students (through the Freshman Seminar
class) and she loves helping anyone research...just for the pure
challenge.  This is the best use of her expertise and time (let alone her
job) and limits any interference or confusion I might add.
Hope this helps,
Susie

At 03:43 PM 1/3/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all:
>
>I just wanted to take a moment and let you know that I'm new to the listserv
>and look forward to getting to know each of you and learning as much as I
>can about Learning Centers.
>
>My first question is to the Directors or Cooridinators of the Learning
>Centers.  Are any of you librarians and if so, how are you addressing
>research questions.  Do you have a reference librarian available in your
>center? Do you send students/faculty to the library or does your staff give
>them basic information?   Others, please comment as well.
>
>Thanks so much,
>
>Courtlann P. Dixon
>Director of Academic Support Services
>Teaching/Learning Computer Centers
>Polk Community College
>Winter Haven, FL

Mrs. Susan Rood                         "Work like you don't need the money,
Director, Disability Support Services           Love like you've never been hurt,
Co-Director, Academic Support Center            Dance like nobody is watching."
Longwood College                                        --Mark Twain
Farmville, VA  23909

(v) 804-395-2391
(f) 804-395-2434

Error during command authentication.