]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

RECMGMT-L Home

RECMGMT-L  February 2001

RECMGMT-L February 2001

Job Opening - eRecords Research Program Manager and Senior Researcher - The Global Electronic Records Association

jobpostings <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 21 Feb 2001 19:18:41 -0500

text/plain

Dear Electronic Records Colleagues,

We have several immediate job openings in the Global Electronic Records
Association.

If you are qualified, please consider applying for one of these exciting
research and development jobs that will impact the near future of all
electronic records management and archives.  If you are not available but
know of a qualified person who may be interested, please pass this
opportunity along to them.

Please excuse any duplication of messages that may result from cross-posting
to listservs.

Thank you.

Rich Lysakowski, Ph.D.

ELECTRONIC RECORDS RESEARCH PROGRAM MANAGER AND SENIOR RESEARCHER

Our leading-edge collaborative R&D programs improve electronic records
automation.  As a Program Manager and Senior Researcher, you will lead,
manage, and contribute to electronic records project research teams to
produce standards, guidelines, and practices that will radically
improve the way that industries and governments do business forever.
As Program Manager, your diplomacy and communication skills will be a
key asset for working with the diverse professionals in our association.
Your leadership, research and writing skills, technical insight and
knowledge will help drive our electronic records systems research and
development work.  You must have intermediate to senior-level
professional experience in records management or archives, and will be
expected to have experience researching, evaluating, and writing
records guidelines, policies, and procedures for regulated environments.
Detailed knowledge of electronic records systems, and their associated
legal, regulatory, and technical aspects are important.

Your overall responsibilities will include:

1 - Researching and evaluating policies, procedures, and models
frameworks for electronic records programs from various state, federal,
corporate, and international sources

2 - Researching and drafting electronic records guidelines (operational,
validation, auditing)

3 - Researching electronic records systems and drafting, revising
training, education, and certification materials for electronic records
management and archives practices

4 - Day-to-day program and project management and reporting

5 - Helping to coordinate resources and facilitate internal and external
project contributions

6 - Team-building and growing junior staff to help reach project and
program goals

7 - Researching and authoring other materials as needed

PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE:  Prior experience researching and writing policies
and procedures will be very helpful.  Prior experience with multi-party
research and development projects will be very helpful.  You must have
demonstrated ability as a leader and program manager.  Your skills as a
self-starter, a good “project finisher” and team player will be essential.
You will use project management and communication tools, and web-based
information sharing systems to help the R&D teams collaborate.  You are
expected to have good computer user skills and be a fast learner to pick
up new skills.  Experience with system or software engineering modeling
methods will be an asset.

WORK DIRECTION:  This is a full-time dedicated position.  You will work
with and under the direction of the Executive Director, who indicates
general objectives, assignments, limitations, and priorities.   You will
be expected to independently perform assignments, and communicate well
with members and other stakeholders.  Project coordination and
administrative support will be available to help you accomplish your
goals.

ORGANIZATIONAL PHILOSOPHY:  Everyone in our growing association succeeds
best by bringing a fun-loving spirit and a missionary zeal, passion,
and commitment to delivering leading-edge research, engineering,
technologies, and business spirit.  We have fun meeting complex technical
and business challenges, and delivering excellent products and solutions
to our members.   We employ bright, young-minded professionals who are
highly competent and accomplished in multi-organization development
projects.  We reward our employees generously and give them appropriate
opportunities and challenges to stimulate their professional growth.
Our success is measured by how well we delight our members by defining
and delivering work products that serve them.  We love working on
teams, learning from others, and teaching and mentoring our members
and other customers.  We transfer the results of our research,
engineering, and standards work in ways that greatly improve their
operations and make all association members more productive and
effective in accomplishing their missions and goals.

WORK LOCATION:  We are located 10 miles north of Boston, Massachusetts.
Boston and New England – with beautiful mountains, lakes, and the ocean
just minutes away – offer unequaled opportunities for 4 seasons fun,
both indoors and outdoors.  The Boston-area intellectual climate is
superb with 146 world-class colleges and universities, including Harvard
and MIT.  Our vibrant nightlife and music scene, and sophisticated events
at all echelons of society will offer you enjoyment and growth you cannot
imagine until you live here awhile.  This job will require some travel
to support meetings at participant sites.

COMPENSATION:  Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with
experience, including retirement, medical and other benefits.
GERA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

For more information on GERA, please see:  www.erecordscentral.org

For consideration, please forward your Resume or Curriculum Vitae to:

The Global Electronic Records Association (GERA)
800 West Cummings Park, Suite 5400
Woburn, Massachusetts 01801 USA

Facsimile:  781-935-3113
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]

(PDF or MS-Word resume attachment suggested).