Skip repetitive navigational links
Next (less recent) in topic | Previous (more recent) in topic
Next (less recent) by same author | Previous (more recent) by same author

Re: falling attendance

"Squires, Miya" <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 3 May 2001 09:17:07 -0700

text/plain

I think the point made about instructors encouraging or requiring time in
the center is a good one. This semester our Math tutors have seen huge
increase in student use, which I attribute to a new requirement of one hour
with a tutor in that department. Our foreign language instructors also
require an extra hour per week in addition to class time, either in their
specific lab or with a language tutor. It does wonders for attendance in the
center. We are located on the main floor of the library and are usually
packed during peak hours (10 to 2). I haven't run the student use hours for
this semester yet, but have only to walk in the center to see the dramatic
increase.

Miya Squires
Instructional Resources & Services
Butte College