Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

SOCNET Home

SOCNET  July 2001

SOCNET July 2001

Social Networks session at XV World Congress of Sociology

Malcolm Alexander <[log in to unmask]>

Malcolm Alexander <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:33:00 +1000

text/plain

Dear Colleagues,
There will be a session on Social Network Analysis at the World Congress of
Sociology being held in Brisbane, Australia, July 7 - 13, 2002. (Conference
details at http://www.sociology2002.com/). It will be a session sponsored
by RC33: the Research Committee on Logic and Methodology.

I am organizing the session. The time available is 1 hour and 45 minutes.
The recommended format is five, 20 minute presentations (including
discussion). If you would like to give a paper in this session will you
please submit an abstract to me by November 15.

Please note that if your paper is accepted you will have to register for
the conference by January 1, 2002, in order for the paper to be listed in
the conference programme and the abstract included in the official book of
abstracts.

If your paper is not accepted as one of the five presentations it can still
be listed as a 'distributed paper'. These are official papers, also listed
in the session. The authors should bring copies for distribution. If the
presenter of an accepted (presented) paper is not able to present, the
first participant listed in the distributed papers is asked to present
his/her paper.

Finally, note that The Australian Sociological Association (TASA) and the
Australian Political Studies Association (APSA) are both co-ordinating
their conferences with the world congress. Both conferences will be in
Brisbane. TASA will run July 5-6, APSA July 4-7. You can also submit papers
to either of these conferences.

Early July is a very good time to visit sub-tropical Brisbane. We have
clear, sunny days, temperature range usually about 12 - 22 Celcius. It is
warm enough to swim and you can expect to find some mad dogs, Englishmen
and other assorted foreigners on the beaches at midday.

Cheers,
Malcolm

Dr. Malcolm Alexander,
School of Humanities,
Griffith University,
Nathan, Qld.
Australia 4111
Ph: 61-7-3875 7169
Fax: 61-7-3875 7730

Email: [log in to unmask]

International Sociological Association: XVth World Congress of Sociology
Brisbane, July 7 -13, 2002. Please come.

Visit the website http://www.sociology2002.com/