LISTSERV Archives

DBLOCATOR-L Home

DBLOCATOR-L  October 2001

DBLOCATOR-L October 2001

FW: 856 subfield 9 to y

Rich Bennett <[log in to unmask]>

SUS Libraries Database Locator Maintenance Issues <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 2 Oct 2001 15:58:51 -0400

text/plain

See the note sent to the CAGERS group below; it has relevance to Database
Locator records.

FCLA implemented use of the 856 |9 some time ago to display anchor text for
WebLUIS links (instead of the URL itself). There has now been an "official"
decision to use |y for the same thing.

I just checked with Mary Ann and she says that both |9 and |y will work in
WebLUIS; there is no need to change any DBL records.

At some point we may want to run a global change to convert these, but there
is no rush.

Rich