Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: ARMA & environmental recommendations for paper
From: Robin Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:56:54 -0500

Mr. Link stated "please remember that the person was speaking as an
individual, and not as a representative of ARMA."

According to Mr. Morris "she said that she was a member of ARMA".   I
believe that this would lead people to think she was a representative of
the association.  Clearly, this representative needs a refresher course in
RM and Iron Mountain needs to test and/or screen their people more

Just my opinion!

                    "Link, Gary M."
                    <GLink@LDASTORI       To:     [log in to unmask]
                    NO.COM>               cc:
                    Sent by:              Subject:     Re: ARMA & environmental
                    Records                recommendations for paper

                    04:08 PM
                    Please respond
                    to Records

As I hear the List collectively counting to ten, let me be the first to

Mr. Morris,

Neither ARMA nor any professional records manager that I have ever
encountered disregards temperature as a consideration in the lont-term
preservation of records. If it is true that an ARMA member gave this
information to the representative you mention, please remember that the
person was speaking as an individual, and not as a representative of ARMA.
Most ARMA members and professional records managers are well aware of, and
strong advocates of, the environmental requirements that you cite below. In
many instances, if you scratch a records manager, you'll find an archivist.

Please rest assured that we are not spreading any information of the kind
related to your story.
I invite you to visit the arma website at to understand what
we're all about.

Gary Link
LDA - The L.D. Astorino Companies
Pittsburgh, PA