Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: NNJ ARMA NOVEMBER MEETING REMINDER!!!
From: "Baldwin, Edward" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 9 Nov 2001 17:00:28 -0500

Please join us next Tuesday!
Northern New Jersey ARMA Meeting Notice
November 13, 2001
Speaker:        Larry Gaines
        Schering Plough Corporation &
        Northern New Jersey Chapter Member
Location:       Woodbridge Hilton
Time:   3:00 - 4:30 Board Meeting
        4:45 - 5:30 Registration & Networking
        5:30 - 6:30 Dinner
        6:30 - 7:30 Presentation
Topic:  Case Study: Implementing an Electronic Archival System
The primary RM function at a major pharmaceutical company is to protect
millions of pages of vital records involved in the marketing, research, and
compliance of products. Many of these documents are in an electronic format.
Not surprisingly many of these vital records have long term storage
requirements and are subject to regulations enforced by multiple federal and
local agencies. The challenge presented to the twenty first century records
manager is how to have documents available on-line yet be secure and
accessible 10, 20, 30 or 100 years from now.
Historically, our company used traditional in-house and external
micrographic techniques but both of these proved to be too costly, too time
consuming and too cumbersome. Adding to this, the FDA has mandated that all
future submissions be in electronic format. The dilemma was to adhere to a
Vital Records Protection Program without the traditionally intensive labor
involved in microfilming those records.
We have been able to solve our long-term retention situation with the
implementation of a COM system. This case study will explain the
implementation process of such a system so that the participant will come
away with a large-view picture of the overall plan as well as an idea of
specific areas to avoid.
Cost of Meals:  Member: $35.00 Nonmember: $40.00
        We gladly accept cash or checks in advance or at the door. We will
also accept Visa or Mastercard in advance only for a $1 additional fee.
Reservations:   Please call or email Steve Dalina at
        (732) 932-7006 or [log in to unmask]

About the Speaker
Graduated from Rutgers-Newark University in 1975. Employed by Blue
Cross-Blue Shield from 1975 to 1983. Managed claims processing department
where I was introduced to the technology of Micrographics.  I immediately
fell in love with the technology.  I was hired by Schering-Plough in 1983 as
their Micrographic Supervisor.  I presently hold the position of Records
Management Supervisor.  I have traveled to Schering facilities in the United
States and abroad setting up Records Management, Micrographic and Imaging
projects.   Currently, I am a member of the Northern Chapter of ARMA and I
am a member of the New Jersey Chapter of AIIM.  As an AIIM member I served
on the board of directors and acted as VP of membership.

Directions:
The Hilton, located at exit 131a of the Garden State Parkway, is two minutes
(one block) from the Amtrak station at Metro Park and overlooks the Metro
Park Complex. Driving? Take New Jersey Turnpike South To Exit 11. Take
Garden State Parkway North To Exit 131a. The Hilton is on the right. 120
Wood Avenue, Iselin, NJ 08837. Hotel Phone: 732-494-6200
Meeting List
Date    Speaker Topic
12/11/01        Barbara Mathe   Creating a Digital Library & Museum Records
Issues at the American Museum of Natural History
2/12/02 Scott Bowker, & Alison Zoubek   What ARMA and the ICRM can do for
you!
3/19/02 Image Solutions         How to construct an electronic submission
for the FDA
4/16/02 Joan Gallagher  Mergers & Acquisitions and the Records Manager
5/14/02 Richard Guida   Electronic Signatures and Security - Myths and
Reality
6/11/02 Mary Lou Oliva  Records Retention Schedules from A to Electronic

"IngenixPS Secure Server <ingenixps.com>" made the following
 annotations on 11/09/01 17:00:39
"This email and any files transmitted may contain Ingenix confidential information, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. The sender's personal views and opinions do not necessarily reflect those of Ingenix Pharmaceutical Services. If you are not the intended original recipient, be advised that you have received this email in  error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or  copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this  email in error, please immediately notify [log in to unmask] Ingenix disclaims any liability for any damage sustained as a result of software viruses and would advise that you carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment."