Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Original Corporate Minute Book
From: Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 19 Nov 2001 15:06:48 EST

In a message dated 11/19/01 2:06:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> The "permanent" retention period of a company record is for the life of the
> company - as long as the company exists, the records must be retained.
> Once that company ceases to exist, then there is no business purpose for
> retaining the record.

Rae several years ago a corporate attorney told me that if a company was a
Delaware chartered corporation that records such as minute books were to be
kept LOC + 3 years according to Delaware law. Is this correct? Or was that
attorney barking up the wrong tree? Thanks

Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Richmond, Va

List archives at