Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Offsite Data Storage Questionaire
From: "Gerard J. Nicol" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 20 Nov 2001 11:01:47 +1100

I am in the process of writing an article for the PRISM InFocus publication on Offsite Data Storage, I would appreciate any feedback on the questions below. All replies will remain confidential.

(1) Do you provide

    * Data Storage
    * Document Storage
    * Tracking Software
    * Consulting Services
    * Disaster Recovery Facilities

(2) What do you think has been the most significant past innovation in the Offsite Data Storage industry?

(3) What do you think will be the most significant future innovation in the Offsite Data Storage industry?

(4) What is the most significant driver of innovation in Offsite Data Storage?

    * Changing customer expectations
    * Government Legislation
    * Productivity requirements
    * Security requirements
    * Other ....

(5) What do you realistically believe is the most important factor to the customer in selecting an Offsite Data Storage Provider?

    * Price
    * Technology
    * Integration with existing disaster recovery structure
    * Physical Security
    * Speed/Accuracy

(6) Do you think Customers have high expectations of Offsite Data Storage Providers?

(7) Do you regularly participate in the maintenance of your customer's disaster recovery plan?

Thanks in advance,

Gerard Nicol
TMS Solutions Pty Ltd