Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Records management software
From: Eric Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 26 Nov 2001 05:57:59 -0500

Good morning from North Carolina!

I am a Certified Records Manager and have been involved in a number of
records management implementations including various 3rd party software
packages.  Zasio is world-renowned as a leading software solution and they
have many ways that you can customize applicaitons for your specific
requirements.  A consultant recently installed Zasio at Texas Utilities for
a corporate-wide records management system to convert all corporate records
for creation of a uniform, centralized records management system, and Zasio
was integrated with the innovative NetLabels label printing solution.

It should be noted that any records/document management solution include a
labeling component.  Records should be indexed so that appropriate index
information is on the folder tab so that primary users and file clerks can
cross-reference record specific identifiers to ensure that the correct
record is being handled and that documents are being filed into the correct
folder.  Without this "variable" information, a filing system is
compromised.  Furthermore, ideally the documents within the record should
be bar coded and uniquely identified, corresponding to the approved
retention schedule.  NetLabels ( is the only records
management labeling system written in Java and that can be installed on a
customer's computer/network, or simply downloaded from the Internet
whenever labels need to be printed.  Labels can include text information,
color-coding, bar codes, graphics, pictures or whatever the customer may
require.  In addition, NetLabels can print labels for DLT tapes, archive
boxes or any other information media the customer may require.  The system
is really "dirt cheap" and is available to unlimited users without annual
maintenance fees or upgrade costs - just a one-time, low set-up fee and
your customers can print any label of any kind using any operating system
on any machine worldwide!  NetLabels can help ensure the success of any
records management system.

Eric Collins, CRMAt 02:21 PM 11/22/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>Just wondering if anybody has had some experience with an RM software
>program called Versatile by a company called Zasio.  I'm primarily
>interested in whether it provides clients with tools to build custom
>Any insight would be great.
>  Jason Cheng
>  Application Developer/Analyst
>  Yaletown Technology Group