Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: How do you use RAIN?
From: Curtis Welch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:40:41 -0500

Peter,

Good morning from sunny central Florida. Since I have been beneficiary of your invaluable service for quite a while now I thought I would reply to your query with the following two examples:

1]  Here at the Pinellas County BCC the Records Manager and I often approach management and IT with our concerns over many topics (e-mail, backup and storage of electronic records/information, database design and administration, the need for enterprise wide document management/data mining, etc.) not traditionally considered a "primary concern" of the Records Management Division. I frequently forward appropriate articles from RAIN to management that reinforce these concerns and views. The articles demonstrate to management that these are real issues being grappled with by many organizations across the nation. It also very adeptly helps reassure management that I DO keep up with what is going on, that I DO understand the issues, and that my concerns and opinions are NOT just personal quirks and preferences from somewhere way out in left field that exist in my imagination or personal agenda only.

2]  RAIN keeps me much more up to date on proposed changes to the public records laws and related court cases in my state than any other single source readily available to me. For example, not only did I see articles concerning the proposed "Earnhart" amendment and the proposed "9/11" amendments to Florida's Public Records laws in RAIN first; but I also see more "complete" coverage because I am not just limited to my own personal subscriptions.

I hope these examples prove to be useful. BTW Peter, how are things going up in the greatest state in the union anyway?

Sincerely,

Curtis Welch, CDIA
Sr. Records Management Analyst
Pinellas Co. BCC Admin. Services