Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Electric Utility Companies
From: "Dalan, Bob" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:05:01 -0600

Reintroduction of myself - my name is Bob Dalan and I am the Records
Analyst at Otter Tail Power Company in Fergus Falls, Minnesota.  We
provide electricity to more than 126,000 customers in 50,000 square
miles of Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota.  I post to the list
once every blue moon.  I have been in the RM industry since 1982 after
graduating from college.  Yes, I am one of those that chose the
profession rather than the profession choosing me.  I have worked in the
restaurant, aerospace, government (municipality) and now the utility

We are currently researching the possibility of purchasing an Electronic
Document Management System now evolving into Enterprise Content
Management solution.  We were wondering how, and what other electric
utility companies have done with this technology?  What do you have
installed?  Are you planning to install, if so what product?  What are
your future plans?
i.e. We are researching the possibilities of installing a
document/content management system in our AP function with the plan of
expanding to an enterprise solution.  We are also looking at web content
management for our inter/intra net sites.  I want to show management
what others in the industry have done.  Thanks in advance.

Bob Dalan
Records Analyst
Otter Tail Power Company

List archives at