Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Retention (Committee)
From: Janet Wendt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:01:41 -0800

I am not certain that I ever responded to your request for information.  But
here is the retention schedule that Oregon State University, along with the
whole Oregon University System uses.  I hope this helps.

Janet Wendt
Janet M. Wendt
Staff Archivist, University Archives
Oregon State University
94 Kerr Administration Building
Corvallis, OR  97331-2103
[log in to unmask]  Email
541-737-2165  Telephone
541-37-0541  Fax

(11) Committee Records
This series documents the activities of standing and ad hoc committees and
councils made up of members from a variety of units. The committees are
charged with formulating and recommending institutional policies and
procedures, establishing standards and requirements, performing an advisory
function, or reviewing petitions, appeals, and deviations from policy. Types
of committees include administrative committees (those appointed by an
administrator) and faculty senate committees
(those created by the faculty senate's executive committee). They may
function as steering committees, activities committees, standards
committees, planning committees, academic committees, awards committees,
councils, etc. Committees may be chaired by the director of a specific unit
or rotate to different chairs on a regular basis. This series may include
but is not limited to: agendas; meeting minutes; reports; notes; working
papers; and related documentation and correspondence.

Record Copy: Institutional executive offices; Faculty Senate, Colleges &
Retention: Record Copy - Permanent for agendas, minutes, reports, and
correspondence; 10 years for all other records of Faculty Senate Committees;
2 years for all other records of other committees
Transfer the record copy of permanent records to the University Archives
after 10 years.

Other copies: Committee members