Help for SOCNET Archives

SOCNET Archives

Subject: Re: Friends are stranger than strangers
From: Mark Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 5 Dec 2001 19:38:38 -0700

Valdis wrote:

> Interesting article on ego centered networks...
>
> http://www.nature.com/nsu/011122/011122-7.html
>
> Original article...
>
> http://www.santafe.edu/sfi/publications/Abstracts/01-11-066abs.html

Thanks for the plug, Valdis.  Incidentally, the Nature piece was written
without any input from me, and indeed without even my knowledge, but is
nonetheless rather good.  I was impressed by their technical grasp.
Clearly a cut above your usual science writing.

Mark.

--
Mark Newman
Santa Fe Institute