Help for SOCNET Archives

SOCNET Archives

Subject: National Industrial Input Networks
From: "Hagen, Guy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 6 Dec 2001 18:01:05 -0500

If anyone is interested, I have just extracted the 1997 US Bureau of
Economic Analysis (BEA) industry input-output files.  This is essentially a
listing of "which industry sells to which other industry", categorized by
SIC (standard industry code).  I can provide the data as a weighted edge
list, with edge value indicated volume of sales (in $million US 1992).  This
data isn't for the faint of heart - there are over 36,000 edges.  Please
email me if you would like the data; I may generate a sociogram if I find
the free time.

Happy Holidays

Guy

Guy Hagen, Assistant Director       [log in to unmask]
Office of Economic Development   http://www.usf.edu/oed
University of South Florida           813.974.7346