Final Reminder to apply for the Coca-Cola World Citizenship Program
Deadline: Monday November 4, 2002
If you are interested in working OVERSEAS on a PAID internship while earning
ACADEMIC CREDIT, you should apply to the Coca-Cola World Citizenship Program
before Monday, November 4, 2002.
The Coca-Cola World Citizenship Program at the University of Florida will
provide you with a unique opportunity to work with CARE, the Red Cross, The
World Conservation Union (IUCN), or Forest Management Trust regional offices
in Africa, Asia or Latin America. You will be able to experience the
sights, sounds and new friendships to be gained from your interaction with
different cultures and share these with others on your return. Moreover, in
addition to one unit of academic credit, successful applicants will receive
a stipend that pays for the trip and related expenses and they will gain
valuable work experience.
The UF International Center (UFIC) coordinates the program and the selection
• You must be a UF graduate or professional student in good academic
standing in either a master's or a doctoral program (with no restrictions on
• A Letter of Recommendation from your Advisor, approving 1 credit hour of
study, must accompany your completed on-line application form.
• Previous international travel experience is preferred, but not required.
• Proficiency in a second language may be required.
• Attend a training session in Spring 2003.
• Accept an assignment in Africa or Latin America for 12 weeks in summer
2003 under the supervision of the partner organization.
• Carry out daily assignments and follow the agency rules.
• Agree to abide by the host country's laws and UF's Student Code of
• Keep a journal of your experiences.
• Write a summary report of the benefits of your experiences from the trip.
• Required form - available at:
For further questions please contact:
Dr. Michael Parsons
Director, International Initiatives
Phone: (352) 392-8203
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Assistant to Dr. Michael Parsons
Phone: (352) 392-7074
Email: [log in to unmask]