]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2002

GRADSTUDENT-L 2002

Gender Analysis Workshop-conservation and development

Graduate School <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 08:19:23 -0500

text/plain

This listserv will update automatically after drop/add to include only
enrolled graduate students. If you graduated in fall or will not be enrolled
for spring, please disregard messages; you do not need to send a
notification.

TO:   Graduate Students
FROM:  Jeffrey Luzar, Graduate Research Assistant, Gender Environment
Agriculture and Participation (GEAP)

On Martin Luther King Day (Monday, January 20th), the Gender, Environment,
Agriculture and Participation program (GEAP) and the Tropical Conservation
and Development program (TCD) will sponsor the annual MLK Gender Analysis
Training Workshop.   We still have room for several more participants. Below
this message is the registration form for the event--which should be
returned electronically to me ([log in to unmask]).

The workshop will last from approximately 8:30 am until 4:30 pm and is free
of charge.  The workshop allows graduate students to explore the role that
gender analysis can play in research and in the workplace.  During the
workshop, participants will receive training in gender analysis tools and
techniques such as gender analysis activity profiles and gender resource
mapping.

If you have any questions about the workshop, please feel free to contact
me.

Sincerely,
Jeff Luzar

Jeffrey Luzar
Graduate Research Assistant
Gender Environment Agriculture and Participation (GEAP)
2029C McCarty Hall D
University of Florida
PO Box 110282
Gainesville, Florida 32611-0282
(352) 392-1965

2003 MLK GENDER ANALYSIS WORKSHOP REGISTRATION FORM

The 2003 Martin Luther King Day Gender Analysis Workshop (Monday, January
20th- –approximately 8:30 am until 4:30 pm) will address the theme of gender
in the context of conservation and development.

To register, please return this form via email to Jeff Luzar
([log in to unmask]).  We will only have room for 25 participants, so please
respond early to ensure that you’ll receive a space!

Name:

Email:

Phone:

In order to ensure that the workshop fulfills the needs of our participants,
please take a few moments to answer the following questions:

1. What department / college are you in?

2. Are you a Master's / Ph.D. student?

3. Where in your program are you (proposal, research, writing?)

4. What is your research interest?

5. Have you taken any courses that focused on gender issues? (Please list
and briefly describe)

6. Do you have field experience using gender analysis tools? (Please
describe briefly)

7. Do you have field experience in conservation and/or development? (Please
describe briefly)

8. What would you like to get from this workshop?

9. Do you have any dietary restrictions (e.g. vegetarian, etc.)?