Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

SOCNET Home

SOCNET  January 2002

SOCNET January 2002

CHI workshop relevant to social network analysis

Barry Wellman <[log in to unmask]>

Barry Wellman <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 20 Jan 2002 12:43:34 -0500

TEXT/PLAIN

Folks,
CHI is the premier conference for computer scientists interested in how
humans use the Internet socially. It's a whole different scale than
Sunbelt, and lots more corporate funding.
Good people, altho note that the reg. fees are much higher than in the
Social Sciences.
See below for an interesting workshop run by smart, nice, soc-sci and SNA
friendly folks.
Pls note that computer science deadlines are strictly enforced, and are
for "date received," not "date sent". Of course, with the INternet, that's
less of a difference.
 Barry

  Barry Wellman Professor of Sociology NetLab Director
  [log in to unmask] http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~wellman

  Centre for Urban & Community Studies University of Toronto
  455 Spadina Avenue Toronto Canada M5S 2G8 fax:+1-416-978-7162