RECMGMT-L July 2002

Re: Response from your ARMA President

Bob Nawrocki <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:46:03 +0000

text/plain

Juanita:
Thanks for your comments. One point
You state that the costs for SII work performed by ARMA staff members are
charged to the SII. This sounds like the Association is being reimbursed for
work being done. Unfortunately, unless the SII has had a massive infusion of
outside cash it is being funded with ARMA funds that are allocated to the
SII. SO it is really just a paper pass through.

My concern is that the SII will not achieve the amount needed to survive,
funding from ARMA will cease and what will we have left other than a $500k
to $600k hole in our pocket with no way to recoup the money? What happens
then? Will this be like so many other corporate messes, those who voted for
this atrocity just ride away in the sunset and the membership is saddled
with a current and future dues increase. I for one cannot believe that the
Montreal conference losses are the sole reason for the dues increase.

When the current ED was hired he was charged with putting ARMA on a sound
business basis. Since the whole SII has been a black hole from the beginning
i.e. no business plan, poor follow through, lack of understanding of the
audience, etc. Why is he still the ED? Did he not review the plan? Did the
Board ignore his "don't do this"?

Where is the accountability? Will no one have the courage to say we messed
up, it is my/our fault? Somehow I doubt it.

Bob Nawrocki
My views are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer.

Robert F. Nawrocki CRM
Electronic Records Coordinator
The Library of Virginia
800 Broad Street