RECMGMT-L July 2002

Re: Stirring he pot

"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:57:22 -0400

text/plain

For the most part, I agree with Chris (what??? has h--- frozen over? 8-)).
However, in all our debate and discussion on this list and elsewhere, we
seem to lose sight of the fact that SII (and its product SIM or SIMP) is not
a professional association.  It is a for-profit Institute.  As currently
established, it cannot ethically, or legally (correct me if I am wrong about
this point), take the place of ARMA as a not-for-profit professional
association.  To do so, SII will have to change its mission, its business
plan, and its stated goals and purposes.

By the Way -- When the Arthur Anderson/Enron/Worldcom/etc. mess hit the fan,
I was indeed consulted by our top management as to how we do things and what
we needed to do to protect ourselves from the same type of misapplication of
policy and procedures.  As detrimental as the whole mess has been to the
economy and people's lives, it has been beneficial to RIM and RIM
practitioners.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, MIT/LIT)
Records Manager