Wakodahatchee Wetlands Update

Linda Most <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:02:01 -0400

text/plain

Hi all, I had heard from people recently that they have arrived at
Wakodahatchee Wetlands in Delray only to find it closed, so I wanted to
find out what's going on and I just spoke with Brenda Duffey at the
Water Utilities Dept. and she told me that the annual, scheduled
pressure-cleaning of the boardwalk is underway, so the facility will be
open for the weekend, but closed  Monday through Friday of next week
(Oct. 28 - Nov. 1).  So if you are looking for resident birds or any
early arriving wintering ducks (obligatory bird references) the facility
is open this Saturday and Sunday from sunrise to sunset.
best,
Linda Most
West Palm Beach