]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Home

FLORIDABIRDS-L  November 2002

FLORIDABIRDS-L November 2002

Re: Eurasian Wigeon - Merrit Island Nat'l Wildlife Refuge

Sarah Linney <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 29 Nov 2002 21:28:21 EST

text/plain

In a message dated 11/29/02 9:08:13 PM, [log in to unmask]
writes:

>this is not a "pure" Eurasian Wigeon, that it has some
>American Wigeon in the family tree.  The way it was chasing and courting
>a female American Wigeon,

As I recall, the Eurasian Widgeon that showed up last year was defending
American Widgeon female(s) from other male Am. Widgeons.

Sarah Linney
Cocoa, FL