General Meeting

Robert Carr <[log in to unmask]>

AICHE <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 12 Nov 2002 22:33:19 -0500

text/plain

Hey Everyone,

Due to the Thermo II exam and the social, there will be no general meeting
tomorrow. We will be having elections soon though so I have put a list of
the officer descriptions and their responsibilities at the bottom of this
email. If you want to nominate someone or yourself for a position before
the next meeting, email me at [log in to unmask] See you tomorrow night.

Rob

American Institute of Chemical Engineers

UF Student Chapter

AIChE Officer Position Descriptions:

President:
· Student Committee Chair
· Organization of meetings (including: speakers and agenda)
· Organization of officer meetings
· Organization of regional/national convention trips

Vice-President:
· Banquet Committee Chair
· Organization of meetings (including food and drinks)
· Support the president

Treasurer:
· Organization of finances (including collecting dues, reimbursements and
holder of financial records)
· BEC financial reimbursement liaison and organizer

Company Liaison:
· Organization of info sessions and plant trips
· Solicitation of company donations

Recording Secretary:
· Record all meetings (including officer and general meetings)
· Create a departmental phone/e-mail list
· Organization of T-shirt sales

Corresponding Secretary:
· Composes Thank-You letters for info sessions, donations, and other
generosities
· Post flyers for events and meetings one week prior to the event (in CHE,
NEB, AER, NPB, LEI, CLB, LIT…etc)
· Send e-mail reminders 2 days prior to the event

Historian:
· Take pictures at all events
· Updates calendar and organizes AIChE board on 2nd floor of ChE bldg
· Creates/Updates scrapbook and photo albums for the year

Activities Chair:
· Organize social events throughout the semester
· Organize intramural sports
· Coordinate a community service project

BEC Representatives:
· Keep AIChE informed of upcoming events/deadlines in BEC
· Report to BEC on AIChE events
· Work with BEC on funds for AIChE

Class Representatives:
· Inform students of general meetings and events
· Organization of mentoring program

E-Fair Chair:
· Organize E-Fair
· Solicit funds for E-Fair