General Meeting

Robert Carr <[log in to unmask]>

AICHE <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 12 Nov 2002 22:33:19 -0500

text/plain

Hey Everyone,

Due to the Thermo II exam and the social, there will be no general meeting
tomorrow.  We will be having elections soon though so I have put a list of
the officer descriptions and their responsibilities at the bottom of this
email.  If you want to nominate someone or yourself for a position before
the next meeting, email me at [log in to unmask]  See you tomorrow night.

Rob

American Institute of Chemical Engineers

UF Student Chapter

AIChE Officer Position Descriptions:

President:
·       Student Committee Chair
·       Organization of meetings (including: speakers and agenda)
·       Organization of officer meetings
·       Organization of regional/national convention trips

Vice-President:
·       Banquet Committee Chair
·       Organization of meetings (including food and drinks)
·       Support the president

Treasurer:
·       Organization of finances (including collecting dues, reimbursements and
holder of financial records)
·       BEC financial reimbursement liaison and organizer

Company Liaison:
·       Organization of info sessions and plant trips
·       Solicitation of company donations

Recording Secretary:
·       Record all meetings (including officer and general meetings)
·       Create a departmental phone/e-mail list
·       Organization of T-shirt sales

Corresponding Secretary:
·       Composes Thank-You letters for info sessions, donations, and other
generosities
·       Post flyers for events and meetings one week prior to the event (in CHE,
NEB, AER, NPB, LEI, CLB, LIT…etc)
·       Send e-mail reminders 2 days prior to the event

Historian:
·       Take pictures at all events
·       Updates calendar and organizes AIChE board on 2nd floor of ChE bldg
·       Creates/Updates scrapbook and photo albums for the year

Activities Chair:
·       Organize social events throughout the semester
·       Organize intramural sports
·       Coordinate a community service project

BEC Representatives:
·       Keep AIChE informed of upcoming events/deadlines in BEC
·       Report to BEC on AIChE events
·       Work with BEC on funds for AIChE

Class Representatives:
·       Inform students of general meetings and events
·       Organization of mentoring program

E-Fair Chair:
·       Organize E-Fair
·       Solicit funds for E-Fair