Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Paper inventory records
From: "Gervais, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 18 Dec 2002 06:33:00 -0500

Mary - Do any of you use MS Access for handling FOI/Public Records Requests
and their paper inventory?

We developed an in house client request tracking system using MS Access and
find, for the moment, it suits our purpose.  However, we have many different
entities tracking and managing workflow with varying software packages.  We
are also looking at a COTS software package which would be standardized
across the Agency.  This can't come soon enough, with all the performance
measurement activities on the go, benchmarking and managing a client centric
organization, it has become necessary to have a workflow and tracking
mechanism in place.  Cheers.

John A. Gervais
Program Manager
Business Development and Strategic Planning Division,
Information Management Directorate,
Finance and Administration Branch,
Canada Customs and Revenue Agency,
16th Floor, Albion Tower, 25 Nicolas Street,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1A 0L5

        '       (613) 957-6621

List archives at