GRADSTUDENT-L 2003

Sam Nunn Security Program

Graduate School <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 9 Jul 2003 16:28:09 -0400

text/plain (38 lines) , Georgia Institute of Technology News Room News Release.htm (529 lines) , Fellows Application w pre-doc.doc (529 lines) , Fellows Open Position Briefs.doc (529 lines) , Fellows Announcement July 15.doc (529 lines) , sanitizer.log (351 lines)

 TO: Graduate Students and Faculty in science and engineering disciplines

FROM: Tahseen Kazi, Sam Nunn School of International Affairs, Georgia
Institute of Technology

 The Sam Nunn School of International Affairs at Georgia Tech has
established a new program called the Nunn Security Program, which provides
fellowships to graduate PhD students, post-docs and faculty in science and
engineering disciplines who are interested in focusing their research to
issues of international security (for example a scholar in the biosciences
who has performed work in detection techniques, can apply their study to
further the current knowledge biological terrorism issues). Our
Post-Doctoral and Mid-Career Fellowship opportunities would be particularly
interesting for the University of Florida faculty and doctoral students.
Graduating students can apply for post-doc positions, and interested faculty
can consider our visiting fellowship positions. Our graduate student
fellowships require attendance in a weekly seminar, and would therefore have
limited applicability for UF students. These are exciting opportunities that
I'm hoping to relay to prospective candidates for the fall of 2003 and the
following two years. The program is funded by the MacArthur Foundation, and
we're one of ten top schools to be awarded this type of grant from them.

To learn more about the opportunities and receive an application, contact me
[you may use the reply feature on this message]:

Tahseen Kazi
Program Manager
Sam Nunn Security Program
Sam Nunn School of International Affairs
Georgia Institute of Technology
781 Marietta St.
Atlanta, GA 30332-0610
E-mail: [log in to unmask]