]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2003

GRADSTUDENT-L 2003

second installation -- "So You Want to Work in Academia?"

Graduate School <[log in to unmask]>

Elaine Casquarelli <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 21 Feb 2003 09:26:15 -0500

text/plain

To: Graduate Students

The second installation of the "So You Want to Work in Academia?" workshop
series will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 25th at 11:45 am.  Since last week's
workshop was so crowded, we decided to make some changes for the upcoming
dates.  When possible, larger rooms were reserved for the presentations.  If
larger rooms are not available, we will be offering the workshop twice in
one week.  The new schedule is noted below.   Please update your calendars
and join us for this informative series!

SO YOU WANT TO WORK IN ACADEMIA?
A Workshop Series on the Academic Job Search

Career Narratives ~ Creating Your Portfolio
Tuesday, Feb. 25th, 11:45 am, Reitz Union Auditorium

Here We Go ~ Organizing and Participating in the Job Search
Tuesday, Mar. 4th, 11:45 am, Reitz Union Auditorium

Introducing Yourself on Paper ~ Cover Letters and Other Job Search
Correspondence
Tuesday, Mar. 18th, 11:45 am, Career Resource Center Workshop Room
Thursday, Mar. 20th, 9:35 am, Career  Resource Center Workshop Room

The Performance ~ Academic Interviews
Tuesday, Apr. 1st, 11:45 am, Career Resource Center Workshop Room
Wednesday, Apr. 2nd, 4:05 pm, Career Resource Center Workshop Room

On Second Thought... ~ Exploring Options Outside the Academy
Tuesday, Apr. 8th, 11:45 am, Career Resource Center Workshop Room
Tuesday, Apr. 8th, 5:10 pm, Career Resource Center Workshop Room

Pre-registration is not required

For more information, contact Elaine Casquarelli at
[log in to unmask] or 392-1601 ext 216.

Elaine Casquarelli, Ed.S., NCC
Assistant Director for Graduate Services
Career Resource Center

NOTE: This and other messages from the Graduate School are maintained online
at:
http://lists.ufl.edu/archives/gradstudent-l.html