ETD Workshops for SPRING 2003

Graduate School <[log in to unmask]>

CIRCA's ETD Staff <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 9 Jan 2003 08:35:10 -0500

text/plain

TO:       Graduate Students
FROM:  Jim Albury, CIRCA ETD Technical Coordinator

RE:  ETD Workshops for Spring 2003

Greetings all!

The Electronic Thesis & Dissertation (ETD) Workshop dates and times for
SPRING 2003 have been posted at the following website:

         http://etd.circa.ufl.edu/calendar.html

Please take the opportunity to attend these exciting and informative
workshops regarding the process of producing and submitting a
thesis/dissertation at the University of Florida.  All graduate students
are welcome to attend.

To guarantee seating for everyone, we are now incorporating registration
for our ETD Workshops.  Simply click on the REGISTRATION button next to
any of the workshop titles on our "Calendar of Events" page and you will
be taken to our online registration form.  Once the form is completed and
submitted, print the confirmation page that appears and keep it for your
records.  You will receive e-mail one week prior to your session to notify
you of the location, and then 24 hours before the session as an reminder
of the session itself.

Below is a brief description of each workshop.  The dates and times can be
found on our website:

1.  The Weekend Combination Workshop
------------------------------------

This is a 3-hour workshop that combines the topics presented in our
individual workshops offered in past semesters.  This may prove more
convenient and efficient for those graduate students who work during the
week or live outside the Gainesville area.

   (Duration = 3 hours)

The 1st hour will cover:
------------------------
An overview of the procedures required for producing a thesis/dissertation
at UF (including deadlines, accepted file formats, consultation services
that are available, etc.)  (Duration = 45 minutes)

The 2nd hour will cover:
------------------------
An introduction to CIRCA's formatting templates for Microsoft Word.
Information regarding the WordPerfect & LaTeX templates will also be
presented if necessary.  (Duration = 1 hour, 15 minutes)

The 3rd hour will cover:
------------------------
How to convert documents into the Portable Document Format (.PDF) for
electronic submission.  Conversion from Microsoft Word will be the focus,
however WordPerfect and LaTeX can be discussed as well if necessary.
Creating links and making other modifications using Adobe Acrobat will be
demonstrated, and submission of the final product to the Editorial Office
will be reviewed.  (Duration = 45 minutes)

-------

If you have any questions or comments about the ETD Workshops, please
e-mail CIRCA ETD Technical Support at:  [log in to unmask]

Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you at the workshops!

- CIRCA ETD Consulting/Training Team

NOTE: This and other messages from the Graduate School are maintained online
at:
http://lists.ufl.edu/archives/gradstudent-l.html