LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2003

GRADSTUDENT-L 2003

Workshop for Teaching Assistants

Graduate School <[log in to unmask]>

Elaine Casquarelli <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]

Mon, 7 Apr 2003 16:42:25 -0400

text/plain

TO: Graduate Teaching Assistants
FROM: Career Resource Center
RE: Workshop for Teaching Assistants

Mini Teaching Workshop for Graduate Student Teaching Assistants at the
University of Florida
Facilitator: Kelli Moore

UCET (University Center for Teaching Excellence) is offering Teaching
Assistants the opportunity to attend a mini workshop on April 17th from 6 -
7:45 p.m. Once we have a rough estimate of the number of attendees, the
location will be announced. The cut-off date to register is Monday, April 7.
If you are interested in attending, please respond directly to me, Dave
Bloomquist, [log in to unmask] and put UCET Workshop in the subject line.
Thanks and hope to see you there.
dave

ps. I don't suppose it matters, but FOOD will be served as well.

Goal: There are three primary goals of this mini workshop:
1) to provide teaching assistant tips and hints on how to build a better
classroom
environment.
2) to engage in a dialogue that will facilitate TA success and student
learning.
3) to assess the needs of teaching assistants/grads in terms of teaching
support.
Introduction (5 min)
Ice-breaker/lesson on building community in the classroom (35 min)
Teaching Tips- Setting Goals and Maximizing the Environment (25 min)
TA exchange (20 minutes)
Conclusion (10 minutes)
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minute (plus or minus 15 minutes)