GRADSTUDENT-L 2003

Workshop Series for Graduate Students

Graduate School <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 15 May 2003 08:20:34 -0400

text/plain

I'm happy to announce that the Career Resource Center will, once again,
offer the "So You Want to Work in Academia?" workshop series for graduate
students.  Since the demand for the series was so great last semester, we
have decided to record the upcoming sessions for use on the CRC website.
Therefore, your attendance at the summer workshops will constitute your
agreement to be recorded.

Contact Elaine Casquarelli ([log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or 392-1601 ext 216) if you have
questions or would like to attend a non-taped workshop.

SO YOU WANT TO WORK IN ACADEMIA?
A Workshop Series on the Academic Job Search

Tuesdays from 5:00 - 5:50 pm
Career Resource Center Workshop Room

May 27th:  Documenting Your Experience ~ The Curriculum Vita

June 3rd: Career Narratives ~ Creating Your Portfolio

June 10th:  Here We Go ~ Organizing and Participating in the Job Search

July 15th:  Introducing Yourself on Paper ~ Cover Letters and Other Job
Search Correspondence

July 22nd: The Performance ~ Academic Interviews

July 29th: On Second Thought... ~ Exploring Options Outside the Academy

Pre-registration is not required

Elaine Casquarelli, Ed.S., NCC
Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern (IMH 2962)
Assistant Director for Graduate Services
Career Resource Center