ETD Workshops for SUMMER 2003

Graduate School <[log in to unmask]>

CIRCA's ETD Staff <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 19 May 2003 17:50:55 -0400

text/plain

To:  Graduate Students
From: Jim Albury, CIRCA
RE:  ETD Workshops for Summer 2003

Greetings all!

The Electronic Thesis & Dissertation (ETD) Workshop dates and times for
SUMMER 2003 have been posted at the following website:

         http://etd.circa.ufl.edu/calendar.html

Please take the opportunity to attend these exciting and informative
workshops regarding the process of producing and submitting a
thesis/dissertation at the University of Florida.  All graduate students
are welcome to attend, however priority seating will be given to those
graduating this semester.

To guarantee seating for everyone, we require that you register for our ETD
Workshops.  Simply click on the REGISTRATION button next to any of the
workshop titles on our "Workshop Schedule" page and you will be taken to
our online registration form.  Once the form is completed and submitted,
print the confirmation page that appears and keep it for your records.
You will receive e-mail one week prior to your session to notify you of
the location, and then 24 hours before the session as an reminder of the
session itself.

To go directly to the registration form, click on the following link:

   http://etd.circa.ufl.edu/register.html

Click on the link below to see a PDF copy of the outline for our workshop.

   http://etd.circa.ufl.edu/handouts/ETD_weekend_outline.PDF

A more detailed description of the workshop can be found below:

Weekend Workshop Overview and Description

General Information - 45 minutes (1:00 PM - 2:00 PM)
-------------------
Overview of the procedures required for producing a thesis/dissertation at
UF (including deadlines, accepted file formats, consultation services that
are available, etc.)

Using CIRCA's Formatting Template for MS Word - 1 hour (2:00 PM - 3:00 PM)
How to download and properly use the formatting template to construct your
paper or electronically based thesis/dissertation.

Your Thesis/Dissertation as a PDF - 45 minutes (3:00 PM - 4:00 PM)
---------------------------------
How to convert documents into PDF files, modify PDF files after conversion
and then submit them to the Editorial Office.

-------

A campus map highlighting points of interest (Reitz Union, CIRCA Labs and
BLDG 105) can be found at the following URL:

         http://etd.circa.ufl.edu/map.html

If you have any questions or comments about the ETD Workshops, please
e-mail CIRCA ETD Technical Support at:  [log in to unmask]

...or make an appointment to visit us for consultation:

         http://etd.circa.ufl.edu

Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you at the workshops!

- CIRCA ETD Consulting/Training Team