Re: ETD Workshops for Fall 2003

Graduate School <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:12:33 -0400

text/plain

Greetings all!

The Electronic Thesis & Dissertation (ETD) Workshop dates and times for Fall
2003 have been posted at the following website:

         http://etd.circa.ufl.edu/calendar.html

Please take the opportunity to attend these exciting and informative
workshops regarding the process of producing and submitting a
thesis/dissertation at the University of Florida.  All graduate students
nearing their final academic semester are strongly encouraged to attend.
During the workshop we will also have a representative from the Editorial
Office of the Graduate School to answer any procedural questions you may
have.

To guarantee seating for everyone, we require that you register for our
ETD Workshops.  To access our online registration form, simply click on
the REGISTER button next to any of the workshop titles on our "Workshop
Schedule" page or click on the following webpage link:

   http://etd.circa.ufl.edu/register/

You will need to enter your GatorLink username and password to access the
registration form.

Once the form is completed and submitted, you will receive an e-mail
confirming your registration.  You may also print the confirmation page
that appears and keep it for your records.  You will then receive e-mail
one week prior to your session to notify you of the location (if it has
not yet been determined at the time of registration), and then 48 hours
before the session as a reminder of the session itself.

If you find you are no longer able to attend the session for which you're
registered, you can visit the page again to drop yourself from the roster.

To go directly to the registration form, click on the following link:

   http://etd.circa.ufl.edu/register/

Click on the link below to see a PDF copy of the outline for our workshop.

   http://etd.circa.ufl.edu/handouts/ETD_weekend_outline.PDF

A more detailed description of the workshop can be found below:

Weekend Workshop Overview and Description

General Information - 45 minutes (1:00 PM - 2:00 PM)
-------------------
Overview of the procedures required for producing a thesis/dissertation at
UF (including deadlines, accepted file formats, consultation services that
are available, etc.)

Using CIRCA's Formatting Template for MS Word - 1 hour (2:00 PM - 3:00 PM)
How to download and properly use the formatting template to construct your
paper or electronically based thesis/dissertation.

Your Thesis/Dissertation as a PDF - 45 minutes (3:00 PM - 4:00 PM)
---------------------------------
How to convert documents into PDF files, modify PDF files after conversion
and then submit them to the Editorial Office.

-------

A campus map highlighting points of interest (Reitz Union, CIRCA Labs and
BLDG 105) can be found at the following URL:

         http://etd.circa.ufl.edu/map.html

If you have any questions or comments about the ETD Workshops, please
e-mail CIRCA ETD Technical Support at:  [log in to unmask]

...or make an appointment to visit us for consultation:

         http://etd.circa.ufl.edu

Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you at the workshops!

- AT-ETD Consulting/Training Team