]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2003

LINUX-L 2003

Re: FL legislature wants to tax networks

Ken Sallot <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 27 Aug 2003 08:43:27 -0400

TEXT/PLAIN

<not a single thing to do with linux>
Yes, the state of florida gets enough tax money.  That's why we're having
near record budget cuts.

Look, I'm not a big fan of taxes, but let's not be silly and make
emotional statements without the facts to back them up.  If we want/expect
to have a certain level of government services, we're going to need to
generate the revenue somewhere.

Now, personally I wish we'd continue to tax certain industries rather than
giving them large breaks for 'economic development' while squeezing the
middle class to make up for the revenue shortfall.
</not a single thing to do with linux>

<linux>
Now if I could just get Dell to save the state $30 (or whatever) a PC and
let us order them without windows licenses (which we don't use anyway),
I'd be a happy man.
</linux>