LINUX-L 2003

Re: disposal of old electronics

Jon Lewis <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 3 Nov 2003 10:25:15 -0500

TEXT/PLAIN

Ok...anyone want an APC 1200VX?  It's quite old.  I had it refurbished
(big waste of money...it probably just needed batteries) back in like 1996
or 97.  It likely just needs batteries again.  It stopped UPSing a few
months ago and I replaced it with a much newer/smaller/lighter unit.  Now
it's just adding to the clutter in my computer room and probably ruining
the carpet where it's sitting (it weighs a ton).

I'll bring it as far as to Atlantic.Net (the Bank of America building on
NW 13th Street).

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Patrick Martin wrote:

> Take it to a LUG meeting.  LUG members are by nature pack rats.
> Put a "For Free" sign on it and they'll come a runnin'.
>
> Or you could let Shawn shoot it....
>
> - Pat
>
> Shawn McMahon wrote:
>
> > Jason Boxman wrote:
> >

> >> Where do you dump old electronics and computer parts around here?  I
> >> have an
> >> old 14" monitor, RCA TV, 486, and some other assorted stuff that's
> >> essentially useless and broken.
> >

> > Around here, we take it down to a friend's land near Myakka and shoot
> > machine guns at it.

 Jon Lewis *[log in to unmask]*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |