LINUX-L 2003

debian question

Alex Angerhofer <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:39:19 -0500

TEXT/PLAIN

Hi List,

I was able to successfully rescue my suse partition after last night's
debian install didn't include it in its grub script and am now booting
both suse and debian with the SuSE grub loader. Obviously, I still have to
fine-tune the debian install and being a newcomer to it, would appreciate
if someone could point out to me the most important URLs where info can be
had, and what tools I should be using to control system behavior (like
which daemons to run, how to recognize new hardware, how to get security
updates, firewall configuration, user management, etc. ...).

Thanks very much, Alex.