LINUX-L 2003

Re: help with VNC please

Shawn McMahon <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:58:04 -0500

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 04:30:13PM -0500, Eric Carbone said:

> But I CANNOT figure out how to connect to (and CONTROL) the linux box
> (running RedHat 8/bluecurve ... or Gnome ... whatever they call it)
>
> I am able to connect to the linux machine through vnc but I see a totally
> different desktop!

That's normal behavior for the AT&T VNC server.  It starts it's own
virtual screen, independant of the X console.

> I want to see exactly what's on the linux screen and interact with it.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks!

You want x0rfbserver:

http://www.hexonet.de/software/x0rfbserver/

--
Shawn McMahon           | Imagine people who are just subscribing coming
Episode IV Consulting   | onto this thread and deciding that the entire