LINUX-L 2003

Re: Apology

Jon Lewis <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 9 Apr 2003 15:26:10 -0400

TEXT/PLAIN

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Gordon, Bruce wrote:

> The first instance has to do with a laptop computer purchase.  They were sold
> a warranty plan and it was not honored (there is no question about date of
> purchase or length of time).  The second has to do with a store employee

That one sounds pretty clearly bad.

> picking out a memory chip that was the wrong one, and an hour later not
> exchanging it for the correct one at exactly the same price.  In both

This one, I can understand Best Buy's perspective.  Whether or not the
store employee helped pick out the memory, if it's the wrong part, and the
customer found out by taking it home, plugging it in, seeing it not work,
maybe dragging it across the carpet in the process, once it's opened, it's
damaged goods.  I'd be pretty pissed if I went in to buy new RAM and got
static zapped used RAM.  If the customer didn't know what type of RAM to
buy, they should have researched it more, brought the computer in for Best
Buy to work on (they do do that, don't they?), or dealt with the fact that
they bought the wrong part and be subject to some sort of restocking fee.

My recent purchase of a digital camera (the wrong one first, followed by
an exchange for the right one) went without any hitches...but I was bright
enough to not open the package on the first one.

IIRC, my current microwave came from Best Buy too.

 Jon Lewis *[log in to unmask]*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |