Re: Social Networks in R&D

Barry Wellman <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:24:29 -0500

TEXT/PLAIN

And I've coauthored 2 articles with Emmanuel Koku, Nancy Nazer:
Both on my website:

Emmanuel Koku, Nancy Nazer and Barry Wellman. "Netting Scholars: Online
and Offline." American Behavioral Scientist, 44, 10 (June, 2001): 1750-72.
Listed at PESOS ["Penn Economic and Organizational Sociology
Working Paper Abstract Series"], University of Pennsylvania, Nov 2000.
http://pesos.wharton.upenn.edu/papers.htm

Emmanuel Koku and Barry Wellman, "Scholarly Networks as Learning
Communities: The Case of TechNet." In press in Building Online Communities
in the Service of Learning, edited by Sasha Barab, Rob Kling and James
Gray. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2003.

A new one is nearing completion with Howard White and Nancy Nazer about
the intersection of citation networks and social networks. A different
take on info diffusion.

 Barry