***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.sfu.ca/~insna/ *****
Thought people interested in the intersection between complexity and
networks would be interested in this. Plexus Institute is an impressive
From: PlexusInstitute [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2003 8:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: (PlexusNews) First Plexus Institute Summit Conference, Come
The first gathering for the entire Plexus community is coming up March
21-22 at Mayo Clinic. We have planned a great variety of sessions to match
the variety of interests of Plexus members. Our aim is to bring theory and
practice together, so you will find sessions on complexity science,
leadership, health, policy, and much more. You will also find an
outstanding group of faculty, many opportunities to meet and learn with
Plexus colleagues, and sessions where you can share your stories and
experiences. Here is a small sample of the sessions.
· Continuing the Conversation About Complexity Science – with John Holland
· The Complexity-Performance Connection – with Ruth Anderson and Reuben
· Honey Bees & Termites: The Nature in Self-Organization - with Scott
· Seeing and Acting with Complexity in “Mind” – with Gareth Morgan
· The Public’s Health: What Complexity Offers – with Glenda Eoyang
· Applying Complexity Science to Women’s Health Care – with Eileen Hoffman
and Kathryn Reed
· Provocative Ideas on Leadership – with James Taylor, John Tobin, Brenda
Zimmerman and Glenda Eoyang
· Conversation Cafes – with everyone
The main conference will be preceded on March 20 by a day-long
introduction to complexity science, management and health. Keith
McCandless, Scott Camazine and Bob Lindberg will serve as the faculty.
Watch your mail for the conference brochure. They were just mailed. If you
would like additional copies, just call (609-208-2930) or email. We’ll be
happy to send you as many as you need.
You can help make this a wonderfully successful event and help the Plexus
community and our young field advance by attending and encouraging
colleagues and friends to do likewise. Spread your invitations widely.
Full conference information is available at www.PlexusInstitute.org under
the Events banner and conference title – Complexity Science in Practice.
Thanks for all you help!
To unsubscribe please e-mail [log in to unmask]
SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social
network researchers (http://www.sfu.ca/~insna/). To unsubscribe, send
an email message to [log in to unmask] containing the line
UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.