]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SOCNET Home

SOCNET  March 2003

SOCNET March 2003

Re: Thoughts Around Networks and Employment

"Tom A.B. Snijders" <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 6 Mar 2003 09:27:07 +0100

text/plain

Dear Edmund and Socnetters,

The literature on social capital contains a lot of work in this area, not
limited to the Granovetter classics. A literature search should produce
a lot of references.

For some miscellaneous references:

Tamas Bartus, "Fitting social capital, informal job serach, and labor
market outcomes in Hungary", Connections 23 (2000), 72-83
http://www.sfu.ca/~insna/Connections-Web/Volume23/23-
1Bartus/Bartus-web.htm
(the above is a single line)

Tamas Bartus, "Social capital and earnings inequalities [Online
Resource] : the role of informal job search in Hungary", PhD thesis
ICS, Univ. of Groningen , 2001, online available at
http://www.ub.rug.nl/eldoc/dis/ppsw/t.bartus/

H. Moerbeek & A. Need, "Enemies at work: can they hinder your
career"?, Social Networks 25 (2003), 67-83