]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

WEB-MANAGERS-L Home

WEB-MANAGERS-L  April 2003

WEB-MANAGERS-L April 2003

Re: forms that use a clients mail system

Ryan D Merton <[log in to unmask]>

UF Web types <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:40:50 -0400

TEXT/PLAIN

I believe it's just not really handled properly in the clients.  I think
somebody just came up with the idea of using a mailto: as the form action.
It's like using about:blank as the action, not a good idea.

It's basically for people that don't have access to any sort of CGI at all,
because there's a form-to-mail gateway written for every language on earth
probably.  I have no clue why the kiss1053 people would be using that, they
should definately be able to at least have a perl script do that.

All in all, there is no 'hidden' inline attachment or anything when Outlook
comes up.  What you see is what you get, and you don't really get anything
from what I've seen :)

If you really want me utilize that form, you can just type out a relevant
message and send it off to whoever the message is addressed to.

        Ryan Merton
        NERDC Support Desk
        392-2061 x140