]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

RECMGMT-L Home

RECMGMT-L  September 2003

RECMGMT-L September 2003

Confidentiality at the Reference desk. Boston Public Library.

Don Saklad <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 17:00:31 -0400

text/plain

Q: If I email the library with a reference question will it be kept
   confidential?

   A: Yes, it is part of an intellectual pursuit which is protected by
      Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 78, Section 7.

Q: If I email the library with a suggestion about your services will it be
   kept confidential?

   A: No, as it is not part of an intellectual pursuit it is a matter of
      public record according to
      Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 66, Section 10.

Q: If I email the library with a request for an administrative operations
   document will it be kept confidential?