]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

RECMGMT-L Home

RECMGMT-L  September 2003

RECMGMT-L September 2003

Re: University system RM/Archivists groups?

Sarah Mandell <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:22:28 -0400

text/plain

Hi Jeffrey,

My name is Sarah Mandell. I am the records manager at the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC). I've only been a records manager for about 15 months so bring a different skill set to the position. But I am very interested in discussions regarding records management that feeds a lot of material to an archives, as happens at JDC. We are new at establishing a records management program, but have had no problem saving stuff from the past 65 years (more from a lack of wanting to throw anything away than from a true archives collection policy.)

I hope to meet you in Boston and talk/e-mail with you after. It would be nice to meet some colleagues within my own niche of the world (nonprofit Jewish organization with specific records and archives requirements.)

Please let me know when the ARMA/SAA joint meeting will occur in Boston. I would love to get involved.

Regards,
Sarah Mandell