LISTSERV Archives

HOSA-L Home

HOSA-L  October 2003

HOSA-L October 2003

[HOSA] Not some good news folks......

Anje Deocampo <[log in to unmask]>

Health Occupations Students of America <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:39:40 -0700

text/plain

Hello to those in HOSA land!  I have some very terrible news to tell all of you.  The officers wanted to kick off National HOSA week with a Spaghetti dinner scheduled for Nov. 1 @ 7PM.  However, all spots this semester have been filled up!  In fact, the coordinator with whom I spoke with, Narda, informed me that spots have been filling up since before the semester even started!  Apparently, word spread around campus fairly quickly that an easy service project would be to serve the Hope Lodge residents with.........you guessed it..............SPAGHETTI!!!  Luckily, Narda also told me that in November, she will be getting her calendar for the 2004 year.  This means that, once November rolls in, I'm going to reserve us some dates to do a dinner for Hope Lodge for the Spring Semester.  However, I'm going to jump the gun on this one.  It seems that our fellow Panhellenic people (no offense to those out there) having been calling recently to schedule their Spring dates.  Of course!
 , Narda
 told them not yet!  So now it's our turn to play chefs for the night.   She recommeded we claim 3 spots, so if we decide not to cook dinner on one of those dates, we can cancel, and still have 2 under our name.  Here are some stipulations, though:

1)  WE can only reserve dates Monday through Thursday.  Our original plan was for a Saturday evening, but she told me that residents do go home on the weekend.  Furthermore, no one is allowed to schedule a dinner for Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

2)  Tuesdays and Thursdays are their biggest nights, so preferentially, Narda would want us to cook dinner on either of those two nights.

Definitely, I will bring this up at our general meeting this upcoming Wednesday, so we can discuss when is a good time(s) to have our dinners.  I know Tuesday nights are not good for me since I have my Kaplan MCAT course from 6-9PM.  Even though we have not registered for Spring yet, this may seem harder to set specific dates, but we're college students, right?  We can handle it.  And like I said, we reserve roughly 3-4 spots, so when you guys can't make it to one, then you can help out on some of the other nights.

Sorry for this long email, and sorry that I couldn't reserve us a spot for Hope Lodge for the Fall...I know some of you out there were just DYING to help us cook dinner for the residents!  Catch you guys later!

~~Anje Deocampo
Your Awesome HOSA Secretary at UF