Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Scanning and Auto Indexing
From: "Roach, Bill J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 8 Oct 2003 11:16:29 -0500

I would concur with the comments of Sue Styles on TELEform.  We have several
TELEform systems running as part of our Enterprise EDMS solution.  We use
TELEform to identify forms and other documents, extract index values and to
tap lookups based on these values from application databases or custom
lookup tables.

Our goal is to limit the majority of our indexing to three fields or less.
Many require not intervention by users and still populate multiple 5-10
index fields for use in subsequent retrieval.

For the most part, it is the next best thing to sliced bread.

Bill Roach, CRM
Enterprise EDMS Coordinator
State of North Dakota
ITD/Records Management