Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Microsoft's 'Self destructing e-mail'
From: "Gervais, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 27 Oct 2003 08:34:28 -0500

I concur with George's observations on educating staff on the importance of
RM.  I sort of chuckle though, as 20 years ago we were preaching the same
thing.  However, with the advent of new technology, almost weekly, we can't
forget the "basics".  We can't expect someone to understand if we don't let
them know why records/information is the life blood of any organization. In
my mind the "tool" isn't the problem, it is the understanding of the
principles behind why we do what we do in the first place. As I always say,
we develop our processes and then obtain a tool to manage them and not the
other way around.  Cheers!

John A. Gervais
Program Manager
Policy and Communications Section
Strategic Planning and Communications Division
Information Management Directorate
Canada Customs and Revenue Agency
25 Nicolas Street, 16th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1A 0L5

' 1-613-957-6621

* [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

List archives at