Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Smart document technologies - next killer app?
From: Jim Mullen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:22:10 -0800

I agree that the metadata will be a big part of this emerging technology, as it is and will be with others, but who creates the metadata?  Anyone with some kinda idea about what the document is about and with RM knowledge (Can you put on your educator hat?) ?  A RM/DBA (I'll have a slice of XML with my meeting minutes please)?  The machine that can't think for itself?  At the very least it appears that we're going to have a heck of a lot more to do and learn about in the future and we need to be moving that way of we are indeed true to our profession.  Will it up our visibility?  My guess is yes.  Add to our paycheck?  Probably, but I won't promise it cuz it's Halloween.

Enjoy your Friday Chris Frankenflynn.

Jim (he's not that scarey) Mullen

Jim Mullen, Records Manager
Oregon University System