Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Electronics Records Question
From: "Wright, Tony" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:35:18 -0500

I would like to thank everyone for their input. My department supervisor
has prepared the following statement for the list:

"We were hoping these would be the responses we would receive. We, like
you, believe e-records are no different from any other records. In fact,
the record is the information, not the media. We will use your responses
as ammunition to aim at our own statehouse who have apparently forgotten
what a record is. Unfortunately we are alone in this view in Michigan,
so we will set about educating the state. One would hope that preserving
the history of the State might interest them."

Thank you,

Tony Wright
The City of Kalamazoo Records Center and Archives
(269) 337-8794

List archives at