Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Transit agencies examples
From: "Waxon, Gayle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 6 Oct 2003 09:38:45 -0700

Hello Everyone!
Now that we have been running for a couple of years and we have actually
completed some construction projects, we are finding that the Records
Retention schedule needs to be more defined, along with a standard filing

We are looking for examples of a couple of things.
- Records Retention schedule within a transit agency.
- Document control hierarchy or layout - especially the filing structure or
set up for construction projects - very BIG issue.
- developing a standardized filing system - examples -Need basics
- Or if you have any resources that helped you along the way that you could
lead us to, would be great.

1.  Are you using the LiveLink and the Records Mgmt module from OpenText?
2.  If so, are you pleased with the whole system.  What are the pros/cons.

Ok, that is where we are starting.  Yes, I know this is a lot, but we are
very ready for the organizational change!!

Examples would be GREAT! Thank you so much for your time!  :)

Gayle Waxon
Records Management Coordinator
Sound Transit
401 S. Jackson St.