First Bird of 2004?

Swamphen <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 23:22:07 -0500

text/plain

With the new year nearly upon us, I have resolved to "get back in the
groove" and try to hit 275 on my year list. (This year I "took off" and,
barring a Megabird tomorrow, will finish at 217 after getting 271 in '02 and
241 in '01.)

However, we all have to start somewhere. And, so, I ask all FLORIDABIRDers,
what do you think will be your first bird of 2004?

As for myself, there are several avian critters that might be seen at the
feeders in the murk of dawn, but I'm betting my 2004 Bird #1 will
be...Northern Cardinal.

What'll be yours?

-S.P.McCool
Crawfordville, Wakulla County, Florida
http://www.swamphen.net/
USDA Zone 8B - Sunset Zone 28 - Heat Zone 9